Tenn Talk

Marketing, Medicine and Dad - This side of the Mississippi.

Name:
Location: Tennessee

06 July 2005

Dusty Update

Hello All!

Thought I would dust off (pun intended) this old blog and use it to send info about Dad. I'll end the good stuff via email, but save the detailed info on this blog. Things like ---- a list of his current meds. Boring, I know. But just in case someone asks . . .

Namenda - slows the progression of Alzheimer's Disease. He will be on this long-term.

Remeron -- antidepressant - mostly for sleeping too much, thoughts of death, irritability, loss of interest in daily activities. Effective dose 15 to 45 mg/day. Dad's on 30 mg/day; may decrease dose as needed. Primary side effect is weight gain directly related to increased appetite. Five years ago, when Dad was at home and before the disease had progressed to this point, we'd have tried St. John's Wort instead of Remeron.

Seroquel - antidepressant/antipsychotic. Treats delusions and confusion, and anger. Side effects: swollen legs, feet, arms. This drug is temporary and will probably cease within one month.

That's it -- unless you count the over-the-counter stuff ---- Vitamin B-12 (500 mg), aspirin (81mg), calcium (600 mg) and ICaps with Lutein (vitamins for eyes).

Atria is in charge of all meds -- whew! And it is ALSO a chance for them to pop in on Dad twice a day!

A local pharmacy deals directly with Atria, processes all of Dad's prescription insurance stuff, delivers the meds to Atria and sends the bill to me ($68/month).

You can ask questions by just responding to this post.

Think this will work? (THIS means the BLOG.) (THIS also means Dad's meds!)

Hope so!

Love to all. . .K

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WEll,

It helped me- I wondered more on Seroquel and if anyone took Remeron and Seroquel together.

Hope you and yours is fine.

A stranger passing through,
Andrea

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - great minds eh????

antioxidant vitamin

just check this one out .... antioxidant vitamin resources!

8:01 PM  
Blogger banner ads said...

There is alot of Blogs, I never guessed I'd find some usefull information.

Thanks.
I'll be back later to see if anymore good updates are available.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Car Insurance said...

I love when I find usefull info. Thanks

12:42 PM  
Blogger cheap car insurance said...

Good content. Thanks for the information.

12:42 PM  
Blogger 性爱 said...

I am totally nude come see me. Take a bit for all pics and movies to load.

Why do I do this I like to make men blow their jiz in their pants.

Visit me.裸体

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, If you are looking for a fantastic feel good vitamin and mineral and supplementvitaminvitamin and mineral and supplement then you have to check this out.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous call center software said...

call center was the subject I was researching when I came across your site, K e J. General interest and popularity of the subject Dusty Update has lead me to your site as well as to call center. Yours is a fine site providing a real service and exceptional content. Thanks for reading my comment

12:54 AM  
Anonymous prospects said...

WOW! What a great site you have here, K e J. I found is from my search for voice message broadcasting. In my opinion., is a cut above the others. Even though my research regarding Dusty Update lead me here but match is not exact for Dusty Update, the content is very beneficial and rewarding. Thank you for reading my comment here.

3:14 AM  
Anonymous free leads said...

K e J, This site came up when I was doing my research on autodialers. Even though my search for autodialers information to support Dusty Update may not end here, your site provides valuable content will certainly will perpetuate. Thanks for the read.

2:56 AM  
Anonymous Seroquel Side Effects said...

My name is Kim Collar and i would like to show you my personal experience with Seroquel.

I am 40 years old. Have been on Seroquel for 9 months now. I would love to know how people sleep after having huge insomnia before seroquel as it is the most potent sleep inducer known to mankind.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
lack of motivation, extreme depression, headaches, hypotension, increased pulse, dizziness, weight gain, dry mouth, constipation, personality change, puffy gums, no interest in activities other than sleeping.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Kim Collar

4:14 AM  
Anonymous seroquel said...

I just started Seroquel at 100mgs at night. Of course it makes me sleepy but it wears off if I wait a couple of hours. That's when I tend to eat. The only thing is I don't eat junk food but Bison which is low fat on a whole wheat bun. I too am in need of needing to lose weight. I am 205lbs right now and would like to get to 180 at the least. I don't have a lot to offer because only been taking it three days. I take 300mgs Lamictal, 300mgs Wellbutrin. The thing that gives me anxiety is the fact I look into the future and with no wife or parents.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home