Tenn Talk

Marketing, Medicine and Dad - This side of the Mississippi.

Name:
Location: Tennessee

24 July 2004

Radio - cleans up its act

Clear Channel Radio announced that it would begin to restrict the number of commercials it aires on all its radio stations. Let's hope their competition will take note and follow their lead.

It's good news for advertisers. Screaming car dealers reveal more than the availability of cars. It's an indication that radio is VERY underpriced. So much so that auto dealers are buying far more spots than necessary -- annoying listeners, and filling every available spot on the air. There are far too many commercials per hour on the radio. Over the past 2 years, the clutter on radio has escalated.

A little restraint on the part of the stations to limit the number of commercials and increase the amount of content will begin the long process of wooing back listeners, and offering advertisers more value for their ad dollars.

It's been quite a while since I included radio in a media plan (except for the occasional sports sponsorship). While rates may also climb, a little exclusivity will be worth it. This is a situation I'll monitor closely.

6 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I thought maybe it was just my imagination that the sheer number of commercial per hour--esp. in the talk radio market--had gone up. But apparently it's not. I'm glad to see it being limited. And how do all these stations figure out how to all go to break at the same time to keep me from station surfing?

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There,
The easiest money you'll ever make...

I just came across this brand new program that's

taking the internet by storm!



If you want to make an avalanche of instant cash

without lifting a finger, then you've GOT to see this:



new york times best seller list




This amazing turnkey system allows you to profit

like crazy even if you don't have a list, website or

product of your own...and it really works!



new york times best seller list>



Respectfully,

Chuck Reynolds





PS. There's absolutely no hype here and you owe

it to yourself to check it out immediately...it'll be

the easiest money you'll ever make!


new york times best seller list

4:56 AM  
Anonymous voice message broadcasting said...

My visit to your site, K e J, was the results of the voip marketing search for information regarding the subject Radio - cleans up its act. Even though some of the articles on the site may not support the voip marketing project, I must say, it’s an informational and very interesting site and its content will benefit many. Thank you for reading my comment.

12:32 AM  
Anonymous lead generation said...

WOW! What a great site you have here, K e J. I found is from my search for call center. In my opinion., is a cut above the others. Even though my research regarding Radio - cleans up its act lead me here but match is not exact for Radio - cleans up its act, the content is very beneficial and rewarding. Thank you for reading my comment here.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous voip voice message said...

My visit to your site, K e J, was the results of the voip voice message search for information regarding the subject Radio - cleans up its act. Even though some of the articles on the site may not support the voip voice message project, I must say, it’s an informational and very interesting site and its content will benefit many. Thank you for reading my comment.

3:05 AM  
Anonymous leads said...

I’ve been researching the subject cold calling and found your site to be resourceful. Although it may not be supporting my Radio - cleans up its act project, it certainly does provide a fine service and got my attention while I was searching for cold calling related information. With a fine site like this one and belonging to K e J, I’m sure you’ll achieve your goals. Thanks for reading this.

2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home